Monday 11 March 2013

Showtime: the morning after






Phew. I'd forgotten that toxic cocktail of sheer exhaustion and a racing brain. Add a couple or four glasses of wine after a hectic three days and it's a pretty heady mix.  My 18-mile journey across London by car took more than two hours, but at least I didn't have to drive back to Ireland like one exhibitor...


But doing the Landmark Contemporary Textiles Fair http://www.landmarkartscentre.org/fairs.html was well worth it, and I'm so glad that I slipped under the wire just in time to nab a stand. Despite its small dimensions on paper my little space was far less claustrophobic than I expected. The proximity of a stone pillar - the Landmark centre is an imposing, very tall church building, although apparently never used as a church - enabled the putting-up of posters and the positioning of a chair so that it didn't block my space.

A good mix of interested shoppers, plus fellow textile-makers browsing for ideas and wanting to talk about feed dogs, broderie perse and The Beast. (He's back home, hopefully well again, but not yet out of his box, thanks for asking). Many interesting chats and conversations.

Crushing remark of the show (there's always one): "You've inspired me to go home and cut up my old clothes."


Visit my website at www.valeriehugginsquilts.co.uk
....................................................................................
Handmade textiles for stylish interiors, off the shelf or to commission

email: valerie@valeriehugginsquilts.co.uk; 020 7515 0701; 07518 885960


















No comments:

Post a Comment