Thursday 28 February 2013

Ta da! (Slightly more muted trumpets)

 
 
Having prematurely announced the launch of my website earlier in February, this time it really has gone live. But the frustrating delays have at least meant that I have been able to make and include a new quilt - Anemone, in the Garden City range. It's smaller than most of the others, without applique, so came together satisfyingly quickly. Another one made to the same template, this time in plain fabrics, is sadly still on the design board, awaiting the return of the Beast.
 
Blue is not my colour of choice, and when I do use it I tend towards turquoise and what I call "Gitanes blue" (a relic of my smoking days, when I thought it was cool to smoke untipped Gallic cigarettes that left wisps of tobacco stuck to the front teeth - not very French film star). But in this quilt, as a contrast to the in-your-face colours of some of my others, I set out deliberately to make something not only blue but calm, muted and restful. It didn't work. As I cut out fabrics, somehow the more subtle, neutral blues and greys got left on the floor. I can't help it. But I may have another attempt soon - perhaps with soft browns. It's worth a try.


Visit my website at www.valeriehugginsquilts.co.uk
....................................................................................
Handmade textiles for stylish interiors, off the shelf or to commission

email: valerie@valeriehugginsquilts.co.uk; 020 7515 0701; 07518 885960




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment